Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wax Waffle Results for Bramble Berry’s S.O.A.P Panel Fragrance Testing

I am still having a blast testing the Bramble Berry fragrances.  Thanks, Bramble Berry (www.BrambleBerry.com) for this great opportunity!

My most recent testing adventure was with Wax Waffles aka wax melts or tarts.  I used 100% soy wax and fragranced at 10%.  The fragrances didn’t change much once in the wax.  I colored quite heavily, so if the fragrances did change color, it doesn’t show – yet.  I thought about leaving them uncolored, but if you've been reading, you know that I am addicted to color.

Here’s a very uninteresting photo of the wax waffles so you can see the colors.  I'll show you a better picture of a wax waffle toward the end of the post.



Here are very short summaries of what I smelled once the fragrance spent some time in the wax.

1.    I smelled fruit and green; in the wax there was more fruit than green.

2.    This one still smells like citrus to me.  I didn’t smell any grapefruit dry down in the wax like I did from the bottle and in the melt and pour soap.

3.    This one is just a nice fruity woody blend in the wax.

4.    I still like the name Open Window for this fragrance.  I still think of fabric softener too.  In the wax, I sensed some sort of a green/grassy note.  I can’t quite put my finger on what it is.  It’s not a sweet grass, but a minty-grassy smell.

5.    The punch is back in the wax melts.  All I got was fruit punch when I smelled the wax.

6.    This one is Pina Colada to me in everything now, even straight out of the bottle.

7.    I get mostly gardenia in the wax melts.  The green I smelled in the Cold Process didn’t seem to be there.  It’s delightfully sweet to me, but (I hate to say it) may be a bit too florally sweet for those who aren’t big floral fans.

8.    I still have no clue what this is, but it’s sweet and wonderful in the wax melts.  I’m still surprised at how much I like this one given it was not love at first sniff.

9.    In the wax melts, I get a Lemon Meringue Pie effect.  Delicious!

10. This one is still alluring in the wax melts, and is still my favorite.  Rich, dark and sultry.

I’ll post my overall ratings for the fragrances in a day or two. 

Don't forget to check back for the announcement of the Gift Set Giveaway Contest. 

Here’s a sneak peek of a set (and the promised better picture at the end of the post).  You can't see the waffle part of the wax waffles.  But if I had turned it over, you'd see that it looks wafflish.  You can see a picture of the waffle side of a wax waffle at


Do you recognize this fragrance?



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment