Thursday, February 9, 2012

Summary - Bramble Berry Melt and Pour Fragrance Testing in Melt and Pour


I am finished with the MP testing for the Bramble Berry S.O.A.P. Panel.  Here’s is a summary of the 10 fragrances once they are in the MP soap.  The picture shows 1, 2, and 3 in the back row, 4, 5 and 6 in the next row forward, 7, 8, 9 in the first full row, and #10 as the star of the show all by itself in front.  It's hard at this point to see any discoloration.  I did lightly color the soap, though, so that may help cover it up.

1.    Fresh.  Fruity at the start with an earthy green finish.  Did not discolor. 

2.    Smells even better in the soap than it did in the bottle.  It’s citrus with a hint of grapefruit at the end.  It did not discolor.

3.    Fruity then woody.  Does have a yellow tint to it.  I like this one a lot in MP soap.

4.    Clean, fresh and clear.  A big whiff of this might clear your nostrils a bit (in a good way).  I still equate this a bit with fabric softener, but less so in the soap than straight from the bottle.  I’ll stick to the name Open Window in my mind for now.

5.    Berry punch with raspberry overtones.  This oil has an orangish hue to it that could interfere with the color of the soap.  It’s a nice, sweet fragrance.  Like they say on “American Idol”, it’s probably not that memorable.

6.    This one has now earned three stars on my rating system (top honors).  In the soap, I smell more pineapple and Pina Colada notes.  It makes me smile.  It’s fairly clear.

7.    Still my top pick.  I think it deserves to make the Bramble Berry “keepers” list.  The oil is a bit yellow, so it could interfere with the color of the soap.  I smell gardenia, and it reminds me of Hawaii.  A friend of mine detected a perfumy note.  I don’t get that at all.  She is more fond of fruits than florals, though, so that could be part of it.

8.    I still can’t say at all what this is, but I really like it.  I was uncertain at first, but I can’t stay away from it.  The oil is pretty clear and shouldn’t be a problem in MP.

9.    I can finally smell the lemon notes others are talking about for this one.  I still sense peach, but that might just be my mind hanging onto that initial impression.  I see a slight yellow tint to the oil.  I like this better in soap than in the bottle, and it’s growing on me. 

10. Sultry, Sensual and Stunning.  I love this one!  This is my second favorite.  The oil is dark – almost brown – so that may present some challenges when working with it in soap.  It’s really hard to keep my nose out of the bottle of this one.  I’ll probably keep the empty bottle just so I can get a “fix” of it anytime I want.  I do hope this one makes it to the permanent fragrance pages of www.BrambleBerry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment