Friday, February 3, 2012

Cold Process Soaps on the Curing Rack

Earlier this week I showed you some of what is on the curing rack.  Here’s a picture of more cold process soaps that are curing.  They should be ready in about 2 weeks.

Top Left: Extra Bubbly Good for Shaving
This is one of my more popular soaps.  It is scented with Cold Water fragrance from www.BrambleBerry.com.  It has clay added to help the razor glide smoothly over the skin. 

Top Middle and Right: Oatmeal, Milk and Honey
This is another customer favorite.  It is probably my most requested soap.  It is scented with Oatmeal, Milk and Honey fragrance from BrambleBerry.  The soap contains ground oatmeal, which is great for the skin.  It also provides gentle exfoliation.  The pleasant and mild fragrance lasts a very long time.
 
Middle: Ocean Shore
This is a small test batch.  I used an Ocean fragrance and sprinkled activated charcoal in the middle part.  This one will remain in my private stock. 

Bottom Rack: Gardener’s
The gardener’s soap is another popular soap.  It is scented with Rosemary and Lemongrass essential oils.  It contains corn meal and poppy seeds to give it extra scrubbing power. 

Bottom Left: Cherry Blossom
This turned out a very pale pink.  It is scented with BrambleBerry’s Cherry Blossom fragrance.  The pink is a bit lighter than I had planned, but they smell great!

Bottom Left in Cup: Rosemary Mint All Natural
This is actually finished curing – I just haven’t done anything with it yet.  It’s a bit of left over from a batch I made a while back.  The soap smelled wonderful and sold quickly.  This little reserve is for my private stock.  I need to make more soon.  The soap was scented with Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils.  I added ground rosemary to take the medicinal edge off the rosemary essential oil and to make the soap mildly exfoliating.

Bottom Right: Lilac
This is another staple that I try to keep in stock.  Again, the fragrance is from BrambleBerry.  It’s the most realistic lilac I have ever smelled.  Customers love it too!  The fragrance really holds up well in the cold process soap.  Some fragrances fade after a few months, but this one stays strong indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment