Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Video Adventures

I just posted another video to YouTube.  I have a long way to go to get the hang of this video stuff.  I hope practice helps.  You can watch the video below or on YouTube.


I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to edit the video.  But my persistence paid off!  I was able to trim the 13 minute video (yawwwwwwwwwn) down to about five minutes.  A good three minutes of the video in original form was of a pan of soap just sitting while I was off camera getting other things ready. 

As I get more practice at this, I hope to learn to have everything in one spot ready to go so the videos don’t contain minutes of still shots.

I’ll post pictures of the soaps later.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I still feel like an idiot when I make a video and I have NO editing skills whatsoever! The first time I made the video testing the lather on my salt bars, you could only see the big water bowl! DUH. I had to do it again. I have not made a video showing me making soap because now that I am in the basement, I really spread out and half of what I do wouldn't be in the camera. I also putz a lot more down there so I would have major editing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol - I had to smile about seeing just the water bowl on your first salt bar video. I was pretty impressed at how well you situated the camera for that video. I made a couple more videos today. I adjusted some of my methods and where I do various tasks so I wasn't all over the kitchen. I am a putzer too as I make soap. It's fun to try the videos, though. Thanks for introducing me to them!

    I would love to see a video of you making soap sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete