Friday, March 16, 2012

Cleaning and Soap

I cleaned my house.  I’m not looking for applause; I’m just letting you know because my reward for cleaning the house was cutting and stamping soap!  As I proceeded through the mundane cleaning tasks, I kept reminding myself of the soap I would get to cut after the cleaning spree.

The design of the first soap didn’t turn out at all as I had planned.  I was going for crisp lines and a geometric pattern.  As soon as I started pouring, I knew the soap was at too light of a trace to make the design I had in mind.  Sometimes I’m not very patient (Mom, if you're reading this I think you just laughed a little bit.  Or at least smiled).  So rather than waiting for the soap to get a stronger trace, I went ahead and poured.  I’m very happy with the result, even though it does not have the straight lines I originally planned.  Say hello to Sherbet Swirl.



The next one didn’t come out quite the color I was going for.  It’s pomegranate.  I was going for more of a reddish-purple.  I love the deep purple I got out of this.  I’ll be using this dark purple again.  The dark line is colored with activated charcoal.  It's great stuff.



The final soap that I cut after I decided to stop cleaning (note: the cleaning is never “finished”, but I accomplished what was on my list, so I stopped) is clove.  There is always a bar of this in my shower.  And my other shower.  Yes, it’s great to have two bathrooms with showers, but now we’re back to that cleaning thing.  I digress.  Again.  Anyway, the clove smells great.  It smells like my dentist’s office.  I love that it’s scrubby too.  Did you know that clove has natural deodorizing properties?   The soap isn’t anything special to look at, but it is a scrubby natural soap with lots of great cleaning ability. 



Thanks for reading!

3 comments: