Friday, June 8, 2012

Vacation

I have another vacation story I want to share with you.  On the evening I was on the still, clear lake, I caught some fish.  Then let them go.  If you missed that story, you can read it here.

While on the lake, I also got to listen to a couple of loons play Marco Polo.  That was very entertaining.  Other than Marco and Polo, I have no idea what else they said.

We stayed at Loon's Nest Resort near Park Rapids, Minnesota.  We have had several wonderful vacations there.  It's a great place to stay.

A view of the sunset from Loons Nest Resort

I also saw a flock of geese and heard some crazy honking.  They landed in a little cove nearby with a huge splash, splash, splash, and so on.  They honked for a bit longer then settled in on the water.  I also saw a big bird circling around, presumably doing a little fishing himself. 

This is a picture of my Fisherman's Soap
It contains Anise Essential Oil that is said to mask human odor.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the boat on the calm lake.  There were only a couple of other boats that even came within sight, so it was kind of like having the whole lake to myself.  I would have enjoyed company to share these cool things of nature that I got to witness, but as it is, I will cherish those couple of hours on the calm water and remember them fondly. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment