Sunday, January 29, 2012

Horizon Blue Green Glycerin Soap

Horizon Blue Green Glycerin Soap

To make this soap, I started with skin safe glitter mixed with glycerin soap base.  Next came a base of green followed by a layer of white soap.  I positioned the glittery soap in the white soap and then added a layer of blue. 

As I created it, I was thinking of grass, clouds and sky.  I also thought it might look like a lake horizon.  So the fragrance is a seashore type that is fresh and salty.  When I unmolded and cut the soap, I decided that the soap made me think more of a mountain horizon than of a lake or ocean horizon.  I really like the way it turned out, though, and I especially like the glittery pieces in the middle.

Here’s a picture of the loaf before I cut it, and a picture of some slices. 





You can find it for sale at www.soapartonline.com and at http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoapArt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment