Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cora the Cow

After yesterday's long post, I'll keep this one short.

I love animals.  I also love living in Iowa.  When driving around Iowa, you can't go too far without seeing cows grazing in fields.  With so many farms in Iowa, I thought it would be fun to make some cow soaps.  I named the soaps Cora the Cow just for kicks.  Each soap is made by hand individually, so each Cora the Cow is similar to the others, but not exactly the same.  That’s one of the things I love about making them individually.   The picture below shows how they look similar but have little differences too.

To make Cora the Cow, I start by filling in the black or brown spots with soap.  I wait for that to set up.  Then I pour the white soap at just the right temperature.  If the white soap is too hot it will melt the black soap that is already in place.  Once the soap hardens, I take it out of the mold and let it sit for a bit.  Then I paint the pink parts with paint made just for soap.  Cora is scented with a fresh outdoorsy fragrance.  Each Cora the Cow soap is individually wrapped in shrink wrap to help her stay fresh and beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment