Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday, Mom!

Instead of soap, today I’m going to show you
an easy and fun cake that is great for
summer (or anytime for that matter).
It's especially good in the summer
because it's a cool, light dessert.

I made something similar years ago.
Years before blogs and Facebook and Pinterest.
When we traded recipes on hand written cards.
Ahem.  I digress. 

I saw this recipe on Pinterest. 
The source was this blog 
Want to follow my Pinterest posts? 
You can find me here.
Unfamiliar with Pinterest?
It's a website where you can organize your stuff.
It can be pretty addictive, but it's worth checking out.

If you want complete directions,
follow the ones on the blog post above.
I adapted the recipe a bit.
Here’s what I did. 

I used these ingredients: 
1 Angel Food Cake Mix
1 Package (3 oz. size) Lime Jello
1 Carton (8 oz) of Cool Whip

Steps I followed:
Prepare cake according to the package directions.
Bake in a 9x13” pan.

Mix the Jello with ¾ cup boiling water.
Stir well.
Add ½ cup cold water.
Stir some more.
Poke holes in the cake.
I used the handle of a wooden spoon.
Next time I would take the blogger’s suggestion.
Make smaller holes with a skewer or fork.
Slowly pour the Jello over the cake.
It needs a little time to soak in.
Poke more holes as needed.
Refrigerate for about 3 hours.
Frost with Cool Whip.
AKA Cool Whhhhhip.
Eat from the pan or cut and serve.
If you have leftovers,
Be sure to refrigerate them.
That's it!

Happy Birthday, Mom.
Here's a virtual cake for you.

Thank you all for reading!

3 comments: